Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Review of our best testimonials this year

I have just been reviewing some testimonials from this year and have gathered half a dozen together.
I'm bowled over by their generosity. I hope you will be too.


Our dental care has had an impact on the quality of his life !
“During my recent routine check-up at Richard Charon’s practice, as Richard was doing his meticulous inspection round,  he paused to marvel at his own previous handy work, the bridgework reconstruction of my upper front teeth, which he did for me over 10 years ago. …..and as he gave me the ‘ALL OK’, the occasion made me think of the impact that the bridge had made on the quality of my life. Remembering the bad old days of the partial dentures I used to have, with all the usual problems of food getting under the plate, and the denture’s annoying track record of breaking just before an important event or occasion, so as if to cause maximum possible embarrassment. The contrast with Richard’s reconstruction of my front teeth has been ‘10 years of trouble free normal life’ with teeth that feel and look as if they were my own natural teeth.”
 “I first found Richard when he was in practice in Reading at my local and nearest surgery. ( During the 1980s) But when he moved to his own clinic in Newbury, I had no hesitation in making the much longer journey so that I would continue to benefit from his skills and level of care which had made such a major impact on improving my dental health.
This experience made me wonder why do people just go to their nearest dentist irrespective of the range of services, skills or quality of care a dental practice may offer, yet most of us happily spend more time researching, travelling for miles and chasing for things a lot less important in life, like when we shop for new sofa!
Needless to say, I soon persuaded my wife to switch her dentist and she too is now delighted with the level of care and service she is getting at Richard’s Clinic with real visible improvements of her teeth.”
S.B.

Praise indeed from another dentist via a happy patient

and here is another we received in March 2011

Restored her faith in Dentists We received this lovely testimonial from one of our patients. Addressed to my wife Chris who runs the practice and is our Treatment Coordinator too.
Hi Chris,
Just to say thanks again to you and Richard for having a go at fixing that
for me yesterday and for explaining about the veneers. Sounds like that is
next course of action. Just a shame I didn't find you earlier as I may have
been able to save my teeth from being in the state they are now! I know you
now have a complaints procedure but I'm not sure if you have a 'compliments'
one. In case you do then thanks again for helping to restore my faith in
dentists and making it much easier to visit the dentist! (the happy gas is
also fabulous!)

Zara

What about this from Feb 2011

300 mile - 7 hour round trip to see your dentist

Would you travel a 300 miles a  7 hour round trip to see your dentist?
This lady did. She wrote a short testimonial whilst filling in a customer satisfaction survey.
In addition to ticking "Very staisfied" in all boxes , she said " Been here 22 years with the practice. I live in mid Wales and travel to Newbury for this fabulous Service".  So that is a 7 hour round trip. I guess we are doing something right.... 8-).
She is not alone. Sadly this lady sensibly decided to seek help nearer home rather than undertake the 276 mile round trip especially as her teeth and gums are meticulously looked after by her. But she will still return to see our hygienist !! This is what she said in May 2011

Warm praise for us and our Hygienist Nicky Smith
Dear Richard,

I said I would send an email and here it is....................

The decision to transfer to a more local dentist has been difficult to process. Travelling from Norfolk to Newbury, now that we're retired, is not a good idea. The cost of petrol, combined with the potential difficulties of needing a series of appointments in the future, has really forced me to look locally. I have had a first appointment with the more local dentist - who cares for all three generations of my brother's family. I feel very confident and comfortable with him, both personally and professionally.

He was HIGHLY complimentary about the standard of dentistry I've received during the years that you have been my dentist. He was impressed with the healthy state of my gums and teeth and doesn't need to see me for another year! I'd like to thank you for all the wonderful work you've done to keep my teeth, gums and mouth so healthy. I have felt comfortable during appointments and have every confidence in the professionalism of your skills and the team that you've carefully created.

Chris is a wonderful Customer/Practice relations manager. I have enjoyed the brief chats we've shared either side of appointments. I've also valued the way you and Chris have worked as a team during "big" procedures . On such occasions, I knew I was in very safe hands as you work exceptionally well together.

As I've frequently said, Nicky is the best hygienist I've ever encountered. She did a wonderful smarten up job on my mouth during my recent appointment and the work she did on the gum infection did the trick! Nicky has a light touch which is gentle on the mouth and patient. As dental hygiene work can be done annually, I will continue to make appointments with Nicky.

It is with reluctance that I sign off as I'd continue to choose you as my dentist if distance made it viable. I am very grateful for the years of your excellent dentistry that I've been privileged to receive.

Warmest regards to you and The Team,

Ros Nicholls


How would you feel if you were able to send us a heartfelt testimonial like these?

Do these help to make your mind up visit?

            Why not pick up the phone for helpful and friendly advice? 
01635 47757

Richard Charon

No comments: