Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Testimonial from a very happy and grateful patient.

Today the practice team received the following testimonial from a very happy and grateful patient. It makes us proud of the service we provide and the work we do. It was a real team effort. I have witheld her name for confidentiality reasons.

Here is is unedited.

" Hi Richard and Chris,

My apologies for taking so long to write this. This house-moving stuff sucks time. I'm steeped in boxes and bubble-wrap!

I came to you as a timid, Registered Dental Surgery Assistant........with problems that threatened my entire future.I won't go into the details of the problems I had, as you are well aware of them and the impact they had on my life.

I shall, rather, talk about them in a roundabout way.

My first experience of meeting Richard was pretty traumatic, he had to tell me some things that I'd been hiding from, therefore I finally had to face them. How that man managed to do this and leave me with a *hope*, I am still unsure of. But he did exactly that.

Richard fixed the short term problem, delivered the long-term problem while instilling a security that he could make life better. Wow!  Not a small thing at all!   Did I believe him? Well, yes and no.  I WANTED to believe him but having a dental background, I saw only options that I dreaded. He still continued to deliver a *hope*. He gave me a smile, despite the odds, he did that.

 This is a mundane story, but it's an AMAZING story.

I went from a woman who was so afraid of the options, and of treatment, that I had my 80yr old father take me to appointments!.......to a woman that actually looked forward to being in the dental chair!!

I enjoyed the experience of RA sedation, I enjoyed the calm experience of a Dentist that knew exactly what he was doing and the experience of an incredibly sensitive Dental Nurse called Gosia who delivered a calming touch JUST at the very moment it was needed.

From the moment I met Chris and her confidence building approach, to walking out with my new life and my new smile, I have been thankful.

My life has changed so much over the last year due to Richard and his team, that I must share the things that wouldn't have happened without it.

I am the winner of the Basingstoke Music and Arts Festival, Literary section. I was brave enough to attend and receive the Shield and Cup! Yes, ME!! My work will be in an exhibition in the Whitchurch Silk Mill during June. I am invited to take part in other literary festivals.  This is entirely due to Richard's work. I  take a full part in a musical life with my banjo, and I no longer hover in the shadows. I worry more about my hair than I do about my teeth!

How great is that!

Most importantly........ I smile , I take part, I LIVE....and a very different life to the one I did before. The people around me are struck by my confidence after watching such a shy, retiring person for so long.

I once told Richard that I looked forward to going to the dentist now. Well, this is true. Of course I'll never look forward to dental treatment but I DO look forward to resting in Richard and his team's hands. There is nothing to be afraid of these days.

I now need no sedation. I have full confidence in Richard and what he prescribes. I also can rest easily knowing that should I need RA for any *wobbly* moments, it's there, professionally administered.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate that I stumbled across Richard Charon in my darkest moment.  I'll always be glad that I picked up the phone and spoke to Chris. Life has never been brighter.

Thank you all, so very much.

With the kindest regards,

J.S. "



No comments: