Thursday, October 15, 2009

Paddi Lund in Durham personal thoughts

Just a quick follow up to my last blog post.


Chris and I had a Great day with the North East Private Dentists group in Chester -le- Street, Durham at the Durham County Cricket Club. Having stayed over the night before at the reputedly haunted Lumley Castle Hotel. An exceptional experience in itself even though our stay was short and there were no apparent apparitions.


Paddi Lund delivered an excellent though shortened version of his story and the extreme customer service and added value has provided for over 20 years in his Brisbane suburb dental practice.
At the tea break Chris and I had a chance to meet him and I mentioned that I had heard of him many years ago and now finally had a chance to hear him speak, oh and by the way we were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary today too.
He called me Roger, I gave him my card, he called me Richard and made his way to the podium for the next session. Towards the end of that session,Paddi gave Chris & I a special mention from the stage for attending on our wedding Anniversary, which was unexpected but very nice.


When he finally gave his curtain call he left the room as we prepared to queue for lunch. He sloped off out of the room but 20 mins later he re-appeared to hand Chris a bunch of flowers by way of thanks to her for giving up a special day to come and hear him speak. Now that's what I call a real wow. Practicing what he preaches. Extreme customer service. A super CNE (Critical non-essential)!

A big Thanks to Paddi Lund, his PA Fletcher Potanin, Richard Fretwell and Prem Sehmi of Walrus Dental Seminars.

We have taken away much and intend to implement as much as we can. Watch out for some new Critical Non-Essentials and some Paddi touches in the months ahead with me Richard Charon at Newbury Smilemakers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to meet you and Chris, Richard. I thought it was a great day with reservations. Main reservation being that I felt paddi was doing it as a favour to us and we didnt get the full paddi experience. Having spent hundreds of pounds taking several team members I felt a little short changed.An eight out of ten experience when I was expecting a ten out of ten experience. Glad I went all the same. Cheers. Michael Oliver. oliverdental.com

Unknown said...

Hi Micheal, Hi Richard (err Roger!)

Fletcher Potanin here, Paddi's publisher.

Actually, Paddi was just losing his voice that day. Sorry if it seemed he was rushing. He'd picked up a cold in Ireland and so was just afraid he wouldn't get to the finish!

Thanks for your support of Paddi's presentation all the same. I hope you and your team got the main benefit of Paddi's story: that it's possible to do something completely different to the norm - something that really suits your personality and life style - and to be really happy in your work providing great results for your ideal patients.

Kind regards,

Fletcher

P.S. Thanks for sharing Paddi's story in your posts, Richard!

Unknown said...

Thanks to Fletcher Potanin for taking the tim respond to my comment. I was impressed with his back up particularly when he emailed me access to paddi s full talk.
Going the extra mile , thank you for this good service.