Sunday, October 06, 2013

Ready for some entertainment?


Last September  we had 10 day break on the Isle of Wight.  In fact we were very impressed and will probably be back again. We stayed just outside Ventnor.

On the last night to round off the day we popped into Ventnor for a late drink (well within the limits naturally) at the Spyglass Inn.  Something of a tourist honey-trap but atmospheric and worth a visit nevertheless with great views to sea.

Anyway  and totally by chance, a singer/guitarist came in to play a set whilst we had our drink.
As he kicked off we moved seats for a better view.

Put simply I was bowled over with his style and voice. I grabbed the i-phone and sneaked a couple of short video clips, not wanting to appear too "cheeky".

The video quality isn't great but you will get the idea.

Intro-outro

Ain't no Sunshine clip

I did try to upload it here but some technical hitch means you will need to go to my Youtube page to hear it.  There are two clips one the intro( or was it the outro?) and the 2nd a slice from Ain't no Sunshine.

Anyway I made contact with The Spyglass Inn via face-book and they gave me a name and contact details for this guy. He is called Dave Waight and lives on The Isle of Wight. He runs a recording studio and has worked with various groups and as a session musician.

So I made contact with him, exchanged e-mails and had a nice chat with him this morning.

He is up for playing a gig in the Newbury area for me and as many friends as I can muster.



All the best

Richard Charon













No comments: